As 2014 comes to an end I took the time to reflect and take note of the lessons that stood out for me this year:
- The importance of family. With the passing of my father-in-law, it reminded me that life really is too short and to take each day you spend with your family as a blessing. To make time for family, as we cannot get it back.
- Giving unconditionally. To give from the heart without any strings attached.
- To be more grateful for the things I do have.
- To smile. There is so much anger in the world…yet we forget just how much you can achieve with a simple smile. To me it’s the biggest offer of kindness you can give.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff otherwise life will pass me by. Choose what’s important to me.
Wishing you all a safe and Happy 2015!
To boosting your confidence and breaking barriers by challenging the status quo and getting what you want out of life.
Today’s challenge was trying to stay positive despite a number of obstacles thrown my way this week. Some were anticipated and others totally blinded me. I went through the usual human instinct of rationalising my every move and how I could have contributed to a better outcome? I’m a strong believer in taking risks but equally in walking away from an experience having either learned something or needing to explore something further. It didn’t take long for me to work out that I need to forgive and let go. That I could either have an attitude of gratitude or spend the rest of my weekend rationalising an event that had now become the past! As Tony Robbins puts it “the past does not dictate the future”. So whilst turning a negative experience into a positive one is never an easy feast, it definitely required a lot of focus and self pep talk to get me back on track and focused on my goals.
Did you have any challenging obstacles you had to face this week?
What was your strategy for overcoming your obstacles?